Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth.
While mold is everywhere in the atmosphere, it is the responsibility of every business to make sure that mold does not populate within their structures. Often times, businesses can underestimate storm damage or water damage, that ultimately results in emergency mold removal. Proper mold removal requires mold cleanup carefully, and correctly, to eliminate the spread of mold spores to other rooms. This may require removing moldy material and with reconstruction, returning the structure to like-new condition. Mold remediation is best performed by mold remediation experts that understand the required processes, and procedures, needed for proper mold removal.
AQR understand your business needs. We will be discreet, even removing our magnetic signs from our trucks, when working with your business. Our experts set up a containment area, determine what the mold is living on, clean or hep vac the mold, and finally encapsulate the mold spores so they do not spread.
Let AQR worry about your mold so you can focus on your customers
Call Air Quality Remediation Today!
AQR is proud to be a leader in water and flood damage, mold remediation and fire and smoke restoration for residential customers along with air duct cleaning, mold removal and facilities cleaning for commercial clients throughout Delaware, Maryland’s Eastern Shore and parts of Northern Virginia and Southeastern Pennsylvania. AQR professionals make every effort to complete projects in a timely manner, within budgetary guidelines, and with excellent customer service every step of the way. To experience the AQR difference firsthand, contact us today.